Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Death in Result

The only time someone got in trouble because I didn't want to confess was when I decided to throw an orange at someone's head during lunch.

Although at first, thinking about it, it seems ridiculous that people with their own selfish needs end up making a small disagreement into someone's death. But I've gotten people to ignore me for weeks over something incredibly stupid (and it wasn't even my fault!), so I know better.

Another case would be a fight to death. Unless the other person dies, you don't win, and you don't stop. I find that extremely ridiculous, but then again, I don't feel satisfied winning fights unless I've crushed the other person (in some cases their dignity) so much that they apologize. Sincerely.

I think that saying that fighting to death is ridiculous now is so much easier, because when it comes down to it, we're hypocrites. We've all got on the wrong pants, but we don't care. When I'm against someone, I want total defeat, total victory. There's never a "oh, thanks for apologizing insincerely--I don't really care, so I'll just let it go" moment. When we fight, we want a clear cut decision. And when that doesn't happen, someone dies. Because after all, first and foremost, once you're dead, you lose! (And after that, we take into consideration that you're actually no longer alive.)

It's not a matter of how your opponent's kids are going to avenge their relative's defeat, but because if you don't get rid of them completely, they'll just keep coming back. Things are awkward, and most importantly, they'll stay up late every night, devising tricks and stupid comebacks (that are so stupid you can't think of a good rebut) and someday they'll spring up and defeat you when you least expect it. They'll laugh at your humiliation and step all over you.

Haha, no thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment