Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Me.

My name is Bob Jiayin Tang.

I dislike writing essays and such because I sound stupid. Informal writings are good, and I like writing random things. (Just random things; don't ask me to expand on that.)

I used to swim. I swam at a club for 7th and 8th grade. I should almost be considered good (obviously, I'm better than the average person), except I was three seconds too slow to qualify for regionals in my 50 breast. I joined cross country in 8th grade, because I thought it would help condition me for swim team. It did, but I ended up liking running more than swimming (and for other reasons), so now I'm running instead of swimming.

I play piano. I should say that I'm good (I've been learning for seven years now), but since I have low self-esteem, I'll say that I'm not. I've seen way too many child prodigies on YouTube, who are such great confidence boosters.

I like reading.

"Inception" was really good.

I'm a very nit-picky and factual person. I hate it when people brag to me that the only thing they managed to learn on the piano is "Mary had a Little Lamb". And then they go on and tell me all the wrong notes for said song. Why would you brag to me something you failed at? I also hate it when people say that "Apologize" was written by Timbaland, featuring OneRepublic. My friends, it is exactly the other way around. In other words, I am a perfectionist.

I always have some sort of "interest of the moment". Maybe today I'll want to learn how to work with Adobe Illustrator CS5, but the next day I might be interested in springboard diving. Commitment comes as a hard concept for me, I admit, because of my fleeting obsessions and the fact that I'm afraid I'm going to fail. I told my mom that I wanted to be a doctor and she agreed to buy me a new piano.

I'm too honest. Translation: I'm really blunt. But I'll only tell you the shocking truth if I know you well enough.

-JY

1 comment:

  1. You know, I never realized that you stopped swimming.
    Does this make me a bad friend?

    ReplyDelete